Men's Jackets & Vests
About Men's Jackets at The North Face
For years, The North Face has been the go-to for outerwear like men's jackets. Whether you want to stay warm on the trail, on the slopes, or on the streets, you'll find everything from lightweight, softshell styles for the shoulder seasons (fall and spring) to insulated down parkas and stylish puffer coats for the snowiest days of winter.
How To Choose a Jacket
When shopping for a jacket, you'll need to consider the following:
• Lightweight or Heavy Duty: When do you plan to wear the jacket? Are you looking for something to combat the chilly temperatures of winter? Look for insulated styles like our Nuptse collection which features 700-fill down. For lightweight protection while hiking or jogging or for something packable for traveling, you'll most likely want a windbreaker or a softshell. For the ultimate in versatility, check out our triclimate 3-in-1 jackets that feature removable layers.
• Features: Are you an avid outdoorsman who enjoys exploring even if the weather isn't perfect? Look for a jacket with a water-repellent finish. Our men's FUTURELIGHT collection features venting and breathability without sacrificing waterproofness. Frequent travelers may want a packable jacket like our First Dawn jacket which is light and durable and zips into itself for easy packing into any luggage. For morning or evening joggers, look for a jacket with reflective elements to increase visibility in low light.
• Style: Puffers are trending so our Nuptse collection is very popular at the moment. However, fleece is also a timeless style that looks good in almost any setting. Throw on a fleece full zip coat to stay warm and look great after a long day on the slopes or for a casual look at the office.
• Length: Many of our men's coats come to about the waist or just below that, but there are times when you might want a longer style like one of our men's parkas or trench coats. For example, longer raincoats that are longer tend to reduce chances of your legs getting wet. Similarly, longer parkas may help keep your legs warmer.
• Color: While neutrals like black, brown, tan, and gray will remain ever-popular and timeless, gone are the days when you have to settle for only those options. At The North Face, you'll find our jackets, parkas, and puffers in a variety of colors like bright reds, yellows, greens, and blues and even some limited edition prints and collab styles. Be sure to become an XPLR Pass member to get alerted when special collabs become available.
What Is The Warmest The North Face Jacket?
The quick answer is a jacket with a high goose down fill. For example, 900 fill down is typically recognized as the highest quality down commercially available. It is considered the "gold standard" of coat insulation with an unmatched warmth-to-weight ratio. However, when trying to stay warm, layering is really the key. And don't forget the accessories like scarves, winter hats, and gloves.
Other Ways To Shop