OUR MOST ADVANCED BREATHABLE-WATERPROOF TECHNOLOGY.
Disruption is in our DNA. For over 50 years, The North Face has pushed the boundaries of what’s possible. The next chapter, our innovative FUTURELIGHT™ fabric, is here to revolutionize the outdoors yet again.
Like most revolutions, it started with an idea. Ours began with an on-mountain insight from alpinist, Andres Marin, who was on expedition in full kit. After repeatedly adjusting shells with changing weather, he asked, “What if there was gear that was alive?” What if one piece of gear could keep him dry in the rain, warm in the cold, and breathed when he needed it to?
We took those “what ifs” and challenged ourselves to find a solution. Our design teams worked closely with our world-class athletes to create a radically product. The end result? Our most advanced breathable-waterproof technology ever.
- Ultra-thin nanomembrane creates airflow while keeping water out for better breathability
- Features innovative waterproofing that was rigorously tested to withstand the harshest weather conditions
- Soft, lightweight and nimble for movement without constraints
- Tested by our elite athlete team in the world’s most extreme environments for proven durability
- Face and back layers sustainably crafted using 90% recycled materials
LEARN MORE SHOP FUTURELIGHT™ PRODUCTS
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression. The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.
- Superior warmth and comfort
- Lightweight insulation
- Increased loft than lesser fill downs (900 + 800 only)
- Highest quality, high-fill power goose down
The New Synthetic Alternative to Down
The North Face™ developed a partnership with PrimaLoft® to offer a new synthetic alternative to down. ThermoBall™ is a revolution in insulation technology. Unlike traditional, continuous-filament synthetic insulations, the small round PrimaLoft® synthetic fiber clusters closely to mimic down clusters; trapping heat within small air pockets to retain warmth.
- Phenomenal warmth in cold and wet conditions
- Packs neatly into zipper pocket (not all styles)
- Insulates even when wet
Shop Women's Thermoball Shop Men's Thermoball