With a PhD in Nutrition & Exercise Science, Stephanie Howe has an advantage in the discipline ultrarunning: she knows the how and why of movement, physiology, exercise psychology and nutrition. While pursuing her doctorate, Howe won her first attempt at the famed Western States 100 and she holds several course records and podium finishes at some of the world’s most famous ultras.
The former collegiate All-American Nordic skier and cross-country runner discovered her trail-running potential while attending Montana State University in Bozeman. Now based in California, Dr. Stephanie Howe shares her passion through her work as a coach and sports nutritionist.
- Western States 100, 2014 Champion
- Western States 100, 2015 3rd Place
- Lake Sonoma 50mi, 2015 Champion, *Course Record holder
- Ultra Trail de Mont Blanc, 2015, 8th
- Way Too Cool 50k, 2015, Runner-up
- Speedgoat 50k, 2013 Champion, *Course Record (subsequent years are run on a different course)