After a serious soccer injury in 2012 damaged his knee and ligaments, doctors suggested Pau Capell run and train in the mountains as his recovery. Less than a year later, the 27-year-old from Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain won his first trail event, while also competing in triathlons, duathlons and the Barcelona Marathon, which he finished in 2 hours 58 minutes.
In 2014, Pau started to compete in longer events—80 and 100 km—and won seven races. The longer and tougher the race, the better he did. In 2014, he won the Ultra Sierra Nevada (103 km) and the Ultra Trail Mallorca (112 km), and the Spain Championship. In 2016, he won both the TDS du Mont Blanc in Chamonix and the Ultra-Trail Australia, and in 2017 he won the Trans Gran Canaria and finished 2n on the Ultra Trail World Tour. 2018 was his best year yet, winning the Ultra Trail World Tour after five podium results.
- 1st Place at Transgrancanaria 2017
- 6th Place at UTMB 2017
- 2nd Place at MIUT 2017
- Eiger Ultra Trail 2018 - 1st place
- Lavaredo Ultratrail 2018 - 2n place
- Ultra Trail Mount Fuji 170km - 2n place
- CCC du Montblanc - 3rth place
- Winner Catalonia Ultra Championship
- Winner Spain Ultra Championship
- MIUT - Madeira Ultra Trail 2017 - 2n place
- Grossglockner Ultra Trail 2018 - 1st place