Zach Miller is a mountain man. Living, working, and training out of a cabin halfway up Colorado’s infamous Pike’s Peak, he can find his way around a mountain pretty quickly, making him a natural at trail running. But before he lived on the mountain, he lived on the ocean. Miller made a splash when he won the JFK 50 miler in 2013, and followed it up with another win at the Lake Sonoma 50 miler in 2014, training for both events while working on a cruise ship. Sneaking in treadmill sessions and the occasional run at ports of call on six different continents when he could, Miller clearly knows how to make a unique living situation work for him. Since moving to Colorado, he has continued to find success, winning ultra events around the globe. Anytime he comes down from his home in the mountains, you can be sure he’ll be one to watch.
- Two-time winner, North Face Endurance Challenge 50 Mile Championship, 2015 and 2016
- Top-10 finishes at Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc 166K, 2016 and 2017
- 1st place, Madeira Island Ultra Trail Race, 2016
- 1st place, Courmayeur-Champex-Chamonix (CCC) 101k, 2015
- 1st place, Lake Sonoma 50 Miler, 2014
- 1st place, JFK 50 Mile, 2013