While people often draw parallels between artists and climbers, Renan is both, merging his passions into a single way of life. The stunning scenery of Renan’s climbing forays, ranging from North America to remote Himalayan peaks, serves as inspiration for his artwork, which is as breathtaking as his prowess on the rock. He is also a masterful storyteller, producing award winning expedition films that draw the viewer into some of the most difficult expeditions being undertaken today, including the story of his comeback from a fractured skull and spine to join his friends Conrad Anker and Jimmy Chin as the first team to climb the Shark’s Fin on Meru in the Himalayas.
- First ascent of the Shark’s Fin route on Meru in the Himalaya
- First ascent of The Tooth Traverse across the Moose's Tooth Skyline, Denali National Park
- Free ascent of El Cap via The FreeRider — 5.12+
- First ascent of the SW Cat Ear Spire, Trango Towers, Pakistan Himalaya
- First ascent of ‘The Beholder' on the Eye Tooth, Ruth Gorge, Denali National Park — Grade V 5.12
- First ascent of the SW Buttress of Tawoche, Khumbu Himalaya, Nepal