Jimmy Chin’s passion for exploration and photography has taken him on break-through expeditions around the world. As a fifteen-year veteran of the TNF athlete team and a photographer for publications such as National Geographic, Jimmy has worked with some of the best adventurers, climbers, snowboarders and skiers in the world on their most challenging expeditions and shoots. As a filmmaker, his recent film Meru won the Audience Award at Sundance and was shortlisted for an Oscar. Climbing, skiing and often simply surviving extreme situations alongside some of the best in the industry, Jimmy shoulders the camera equipment and documents the epic stories.
- First ascent of the Shark’s Fin on Meru, India
- First American ski descent of Mt. Everest, South Pillar Route
- First ascent and ski descent of Tai Yang Peak, Xinjiang, China
- Recipient of National Geographic and Microsoft Emerging Explorers Grant
- First ascent of Mt. Kinabalu, Borneo – V 5.12 A2
- Free solo of the Grand Traverse, Grand Teton National Park – 12 hours car to car
- New route on Ulvetanna, Antarctica