The master of technical mountaineering and Captain of The North Face Global Athlete Team has over 30 years of experience under his belt, yet is still chasing first ascents. In 2011, he summited the Shark’s Fin, one of the last unclimbed Himalayan peaks, and in 2012, led an expedition to recreate the historic 1963 American Mount Everest Expedition. He’s a visionary, a champion for the environment, a pioneer and the best comrade you’ll find at 25,000 feet—he’s dedicated every ounce of his being to this life. Legendary doesn’t even begin to describe him.
- First ascent of the Shark’s Fin on Meru, India
- First ascent of East Face of Vinson Massif, Ellsworth Mountains, Antarctica
- First ascent of Rakekniven Peak, Snow Petrel Wall, Queen Maud Land, Antarctica – VI 5.10 A3
- Three summits of Mt Everest, one without supplemental oxygen
- First ascent of Continental Drift, El Capitan – VI 5.10 A4
- Captain of The North Face athlete team