From climbing a V11 at the age of 8 to sending a V15 just a week before her 15th birthday, Ashima Shiraishi has been climbing beyond her years almost since the day she started. Still a few years from graduating high school, Ashima is already one of the strongest climbers in the world. After discovering climbing at the age of six while in New York City’s Central Park, it only took Ashima a year to begin climbing competitively. She soon drew attention not only from the climbing community, but also publications such as Sports Illustrated, and The New York Times. No climber, male or female, has ever bouldered at such high level at such a young age. She continues to dominate competitions around the world and send the hardest boulder and sport routes wherever she goes.
- Horizon V15 (1st female and youngest person to climb v15)
- Golden Shadow V14 (2nd female to climb v14)
- Ciudad de Dios (5.14d/5.15a)
- Power of Silence V10 (at age 8, the youngest person to climb this grade)
- 2x youth bouldering world champion
- 2x youth lead climbing world champion