Alex Honnold isn’t crazy, he just knows what he can and cannot do. And he can do a lot. He doesn’t play out worst-case scenarios when he’s clung to the wall, thousands of feet up with no rope. He replaces fear with a rare form of clarity. That clarity has led him to make free-solo ascents of some of the biggest walls in America and blaze new routes up cliffs around the world. Not that his humble attitude would ever allow him to brag about it. Through his epic big wall speed climbs and audacious free solos, Alex continues to push the boundaries of the impossible.
- First and only free-solo of “Freerider” El Capitan, Yosemite, CA – 5.13a.
- Speed record on "The Nose" of El Capitan with Tommy Caldwell – 1:58:07
- Yosemite’s first “Triple Solo”: Mt. Watkins, Half Dome and El Capitan alone, in under 24 hours
- First ascent of the Fitz Traverse, Patagonia with Tommy Caldwell
- First and only free-solo of the Moonlight Buttress, Zion National Park, UT – 5.12d, 1,200 feet
- First and only free-solo of El Sendero Luminoso, El Potrero Chico, Mexico – 5.12d, 1,750 feet
- First and only free-solo of the Northwest Face of Half Dome, Yosemite, CA – 5.12a, 2,200 feet