Welcome to The North Face Endurance Challenge Series' (ECS) Clean Sport resource hub which is an aggregator of information related to performance enhancing drugs, the effects of them and how we as a community can come together to keep the sport of trail running and ultrarunning clean.
The North Face Endurance Challenge Series Policy:
The North Face is committed to clean sport and does not condone the use of performance enhancing drugs or banned substances at any level. The North Face believes all athletes competing in any The North Face event and sport in general should educate themselves and abide by the anti-doping rules and banned substances established by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). Click here to review The North Face Endurance Challenge Series Clean Sport Policy, something that must be signed by all participants at Endurance Challenge Series events in North America.
This portal is independently moderated and features contributions and resources from scientific organizations, non-profit organizations, sports' governing bodies, members of the media and so forth. All information presented below is for educational and reference purposes only and does not necessarily represent the views of The North Face. We encourage you to check back to explore our increasing library of educational material, articles and related links.
This site is organized by the following topics which will allow you to explore and educate yourself on the many facets of opinions relating to clean sport:
- Official ECS Policy – Read The North Face Endurance Challenge’s official policy in full here
- Banned Substances & Resources – Educate yourself on the official list of Banned Substances as outlined by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and gain access to other governing bodies and organizations decided to scientific research, education, development of anti-doping capacities, and monitoring in sport
- Effects of PEDs – Project Know — an organization dedicated to informing the public on addictions, drug abuse, and treatment options — explores PEDs affects on the brain, hair & skin, heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, and reproductive organs
- Industry Insights & Interviews — Original interviews and insightful articles about the fight for clean sport
- In the News – Read the latest articles addressing clean sport and doping from Outside Magazine, Competitor, Trail Running and more