The North Face® stands behind the quality of everything we sell and hope you’re happy with your gear. Our products are fully warranted against defects in materials and workmanship with a lifetime guarantee. Footwear holds a limited one-year guarantee. See warranty and guarantee details here.
If you’re unsatisfied with a product you purchased from The North Face, you can return your item(s) as follows:
- Items purchased online can be returned online or at The North Face retail stores within 60 days of purchase.
- Items purchased in a The North Face retail store between February and March must be returned in-store within 120 days of purchase. If purchased outside of this window, the normal 60 day return policy applies.
- Items purchased online via TheNorthFace.com using PayPay, Klarna or Apple Pay are not eligible for Return in-store. Please utilize the pre-paid shipping label to complete a return.
- Note that items purchased at a 3rd party or re-seller must be returned at those locations and are subject to their return policy.
- Items must be unused and unwashed.
Each shipped package will include a pre-paid label for item returns.
Complete the following steps to return your item:
1. Please complete the return shipping label included in your original package (in the field marked “RMA” enter your Order Number.)
2. Place the label on the package you're returning.
3. Take note of the tracking number for your records.
4. Drop the item you’re returning into any US Postal Service box.
If a shipping label was not enclosed in your original package, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-863-1968 to have one sent to you.
To return a gift, follow these instructions.
- You will be asked to sign in or create an account on thenorthface.com.
- Request a return for your item.
- Once your return is submitted online, you'll be prompted to print a pre-paid return label. Just affix that label to the outside of the package for your returned item and drop your return into any US Postal Service box.
- Gift refunds will be issued as an eGift Card within 24 hours of us receiving your returned item(s).
We will accept in-store returns or exchanges of unused and unwashed merchandise purchased from one of our locations or thenorthface.com (please note: items purchased using PayPal, Klarna or Apple Pay can’t be returned in-store.)
To receive a full refund, credit or exchange* you must have:
1. The original receipt, packing slip or exchange receipt from your order.
2. The ability to show order details from an account on thenorthface.com.
Returns without the original receipt, packing slip, exchange receipt or order details from an online account can only receive a merchandise exchange at the lowest selling price of the item(s), and only at the discretion of store management.
Returns are credited back to the original form of payment. If the original purchase was made with a credit card, we will refund the purchase only if the authorized cardholder is present with the same credit card. If the authorized cardholder and original card are not both present, we can only issue a store credit.
See a list of The North Face retail stores here.
Common Return Questions
If you have an account on thenorthface.com, you can login to view information from your previous orders. Order numbers are also listed in any confirmation email(s) you may have received. If you still can’t find your order number or received the product as a gift, please call Customer Service at 1-888-TNF-1968.
It takes 3 business days to process and credit all returns upon receipt of your returned item(s). Please note, it may take 10-15 business days for your return to arrive at our returns facility before it can be processed.
Online and in-store (corporate-owned only) price adjustments can be made within 2 weeks of the original purchase to receive sale pricing if the exact size and color is currently in-stock. For more information, call Customer Service at 1-888-TNF-1968.
No. In-store purchases must be returned at one of our The North Face® retail stores.
None of these three forms of payment are accepted in in-store. They must be returned online.