The North Face® stands behind the quality of everything we sell and hope you’re happy with your gear. If you’re unsatisfied for any reason, you can return your item(s) online, or at The North Face retail stores. Items purchased using PayPal can not be returned in-store.
- Returned merchandise must have been purchased at The North Face® retail stores or at www.thenorthface.com, not a 3rd party or re-seller
- Returns are eligible within one year of purchase
- You must have an original receipt or packing slip to complete your return
- Custom products are final and are not eligible for returns, changes or alterations
CLICK HERE to begin your return and follow the instructions provided.
- You will be asked to sign-in or create an account. This allows us to create a much smoother returns process for you and expedite the process.
- You will select whether to receive a refund to the original form of payment or an eGift card. When we receive your returned item(s) we will issue your refund. Please allow one billing cycle for credit card refunds to appear on your statement. If you choose to receive an eGift card, it will be issued within 24 hours.
- Once your return is complete, you will be prompted to print your packing slip. Just place this slip in the box with the item(s) you are returning.
- If you choose to use the pre-paid shipping label provided, a $7.00 shipping fee will be deducted from the amount credited to your account. You will print out the label, affix to the outside of your package and drop off at a FedEx location.
- If you choose to ship the item yourself, you will use the shipping address provided on the packing slip. Please use a tracking service such as UPS or FedEx.
For in-store returns, you must present the original packing slip. Items purchased using PayPal can not be returned in-store. For a list of The North Face® retail stores near you, CLICK HERE.
Lifetime Warranty and Repairs
For 40 years, outdoor athletes have trusted The North Face® products to protect them from extreme conditions. Always striving to build the best possible products backed by our warranty, all merchandise featured online and in our retail stores carry a lifetime warranty, enabling athletes to Never Stop Exploring™. If you purchase merchandise with defects in workmanship or materials, even after extended use, we’ll repair the product, without charge, or replace it, at our discretion. Please send all products for warranty evaluation to The North Face Warranty Department at 14450 Doolittle Drive, San Leandro, CA 94577.
Our lawyers told us we should tell you that this warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use. Damage not covered under warranty will be repaired for a reasonable rate and a fee will be charged for return shipping. All shipping to Warranty must be pre-paid and insured. The North Face® cannot be liable for lost in-bound packages. California State law requires that products accepted for repair be clean. Charges will be assessed if cleaning is necessary.
Common Return Questions
All custom orders are final and are not eligible for returns. The North Face products are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product, but does not include dissatisfaction due to custom designs. Requests for changes or additional customization or alterations can not be made for custom products.
If you don’t have your order number or you received the item as a gift, please contact CUSTOMER SERVICE so we can help you to get the order number.
Returns processing and credits will be issued within 3 business days of receipt of your returned item(s).
Online and in-store price adjustments can be made within 2 weeks of the original purchase to receive sale pricing if the exact size and color are currently in-stock. For more information, call our Customer Service at 1-888-TNF-1968.
No. In-store purchases must be returned at one of our The North Face® retail stores.
Items purchased using PayPal must be returned online to receive credit to a PayPal account. PayPal items can not be returned in-store.