|FEES & CAPACITY||FEB 1 - MAR 3||MAR 4 - AUG 23||AUG 24 - NOV 14||RACE WEEK
All registration fee increases are effective at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
As each Endurance Challenge race reaches maximum capacity, runners will have the option to sign up for the event wait list. If a registered participant cancels, race entry will be granted to wait-listed runners in the order their registration was received. The wait-listed runner will be contacted when race entry is granted. Upon acceptance into the event, entrants must confirm their intent to participate and submit their registration payment within 24 hours to secure their spot.
* The Marathon Relay registration fee is PER TEAM. The Team Captain must pay the fee in full. Although we recommend four participants per team, you may register two or three participants per team if you so choose.
All registered participants receive nutrition and hydration support at the Start/Finish Area. In addition, each distance receives the following:
|RACES||TNF TECHNICAL SHIRT||FINISHER MEDAL||HOT MEAL||BIB & TIMING TAG|
50 Mile ELITE REGISTRATION
Elite Registration for the 50 Mile Championship at The North Face Endurance Challenge - California is now available. There will be no formal Elite Field for any other distance. If you are interested in applying to be in our Elite Wave (Wave 1), please read through the information below. You will be able to click the Elite Registration button above after the designated elite acceptance periods to see the current Elite Field. Only individuals who have been officially accepted into the Elite Field by the race organization are eligible to compete for the prize money.
- The Elite Field (Wave 1) will ultimately be comprised of the top 100 accepted male and female registrants.
- If you are interested in applying to be a part of the Elite Field, you will simply choose this option during the normal registration process by clicking Register Now above.
- Individuals who choose to apply for the Elite Field will ONLY be considered if they have achieved one of the Elite Standards outlined below in a trail race. All qualifying marks must have been achieved between December 1, 2016 and November 10, 2018.
|STANDARDS (HOURS)||GENDER||50K Time||50 MILE Time||100K Time||100 MILE Time
- July 15: Registrants who have achieved the ELITE A standard will be accepted and posted.
- September 1: If the field has not been filled, additional registrants who have achieved the ELITE A standard along with ELITE B standard registrants will be accepted and posted.
- November 1: If the field has still not been filled, additional registrants who have achieved the ELITE A and ELITE B standard will be accepted.
- If any accepted Elite Field participants drops out prior to the event, we will notify the individual with the fastest qualifying time, not currently in the field, to take their spot. If any athletes who have met the ELITE A standard have missed registration and the event is now full or if you are an Elite Marathon runner, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for late entry.
50 MILE ELITE FIELD RACE DAY INFORMATION
- The Elite Field will start at 5:00 AM. Each subsequent wave will go off one minute apart, following the Elite Wave.
- The total prize purse for the event is $30,000 and is awarded as follows:
- $10,000 each for 1st place Male & Female
- $4,000 each for 2nd place Male & Female
- $1,000 each for 3rd place Male & Female
- Only individuals who have been officially accepted into the Elite Field by the race organization are eligible to compete for the prize money.
- The prize purse will be given away based on gun time. All age group awards will be given out based on chip time.
- Athletes accepted into the Elite Field will NOT be permitted to use a pacer.
- Elites failing to follow this rule will be subject to disqualification and excluded from prize money winnings.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com.
All race participant purchases are final. If, for any reason, you cannot participate, the entry fee will not be refunded; however, race gear will be available for pickup at anytime during regularly scheduled Packet Pickup hours and location(s) and on race day.
The North Face Endurance Challenge will take place rain or shine. Only a "force majeure" will be cause for cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, no refunds or credits will be applied to future events. Cancellation race gear will NOT be mailed.
If you wish to transfer your entry to another race distance or location, click the link on the registration page to change your distance or event. Have your confirmation or account number ready and follow the instructions. All transfers will incur a $10 Transfer Fee along with any incremental registration fees. Participants may not defer their registration to the following year and will only be able to transfer their registration to race distances that are not sold out.
All transfer requests must be received no later than the day of the race for which you are registered. No transfers will be accepted post race.
CUPLESS RACE POLICY
As part of a continuing effort to reduce waste and lessen our race footprint, The North Face Endurance Challenge Series has partnered with HydraPak and is going cupless. Cups will NOT be available at the Finish Festival area or aid stations for water or electrolyte drink at any of our events. Each registered runner will receive a HydraPak SpeedCup at packet pickup. We encourage runners to bring these cups or other hydration systems of their choice to ensure they are able to properly hydrate and for re-use at aid stations throughout their race.
Each year we have handed out over 140,000 cups to runners across all of our combined race distances and we are excited to partner with HydraPak to provide a re-usable hydration solution that will save thousands of paper cups from being used, trashed or left on our beautiful trails.