While most kids were coloring, Tiera was envisioning building rockets. Now, she’s on the verge of sending humans to Mars. As an aerospace engineer, she’s making a name for herself in a male-dominated field. She’s showing girls how to push boundaries and shoot for the stars. In her case, literally.
- Graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2017 with a Bachelor's of Science in Aerospace Engineering
- As an undergrad, she worked part-time at The Boeing Company, designing and analyzing the hardware for the largest NASA rocket ever created to take humans to Mars.
- Mentored fellow students interested in female-underrepresented STEM fields
- Works full-time at Boeing as a Rocket Engineer
- Received MIT's Albert G. Hill Prize for high academic standards and effort toward improving the quality of life for minorities