Big Mountain Skier
Tatum Monod was born in Banff, Alberta into a family with deep roots in the ski scene—her dad raced on the Canadian national team, her grandpa was a Swiss mountain guide, and the family owns an OG outdoor shop in Banff. So it may come as a surprise that Tatum wasn’t really interested in skiing until she was 12 years old. Once she pointed those tips downhill though, she quickly showed that she was a natural. Now 25 years old, Tatum has already collected more accolades than most skiers do in a lifetime. She has racked up two award winning segments for Level 1 Productions, earning Best Female Edit at iF3 two years in a row, and has also been featured in the epic films of Sherpas Cinemas. Without question, she is currently one of the best women’s backcountry skiers around, with a future that looks like it will continue to approach new heights.
- 2014 'Rider’s Choice' Skier of The Year, Freeskier Magazine
- 2014 IF3 Awards Best Female Edit
- 2015 'People’s Choice' Skier of The Year, Freeskier Magazine
- 2015 IF3 Awards Best Female Edit
- 2016 'Best of the Bow' Athlete voted #1 in Banff
- 2017 Powder awards Best female performance