Alex Honnold burst onto the climbing scene in Fall 2007 with a splash of headlines. He drew attention from the press by his audacious one-day free solo link-up of The Rostrum followed by Astroman – two demanding multi-pitch Yosemite 5.11+ free routes.
When he wasn’t thinking about skiing during the day, he was dreaming about it while he slept. It didn’t take long for his talents and energy to get him noticed, and today Sage is one of the best-known skiers in the ski-film industry. In fact, in 2004, 2009, and 2011, he won Best Male Performance from Powder magazine’s video awards.
Most of his energy is focused on Filming, print media, and online content. He works with Teton Gravity Research, the largest online community for mountain sports. Together they produce an annual action sport film, as well as countless webisodes, and commercial content.
Sage is passionate about the outdoors, sustainability, living well, mountain biking, and art as well. As an artist, he works in both digital and analog media, producing art and graphic design for Musicians, Designers, and companies such as The North Face, and Atomic.
He spends time between Utah’s snowy winters, and Portland Oregon’s hot summers, which cultivate both his passions for the outdoors and his art. They are a driving force in his life and a passion that he breathes.
Proudest Moment: Becoming an athlete on the North Face’s team was definitely a very proud moment.
Pet’s Name/Type: Pickles, a toy poodle, and Chompers, a Maine coon cat.
Favorite Movie: Under the Influence
Favorite Moment In History: Invention of the fat ski.
Weakness: heavy baselines
Off-Season Activities: I skateboard, long board, mt bike, paint, do computer art, shoot photography
Favorite Destination for Your Sport: Traveling to far off places like Alaska and Japan are great but your backyard is often where you find the most joy!
Favorite Magazine: Discover, Powder, Decline, Ski Journal, freeskier
Words to Live By: It’s all about balance!
3 TNF Products You Always Pack: Down booties, vapor wick underlayers, and a puffy!
Causes: Protect Our Winters, Stand Strong Again
Favorite Mountain: Alta and Snowbird in Utah
Favorite Place to Travel: I love travel in general, seeing new terrain, having new experiences, and meeting people is what makes life great. I love road trips because you can be flexible and mobile.
Favorite Event: Burning Man, because it’s a voyage into another world
Web Site: Check out my blog at, SageCattabriga-Alosa.com
- 4th place Redbull Linecatcher freeride 2011
- 2nd place Freeskiing World Tour snowbird Ut 2011
- 2nd place Redbull Linecatcher
- 2011 Male skier of the year Powder video awards (PVA’s)
- 2011 Best Natural air winner PVA’s
- 3rd reader polls PVA 2011,2010,2009
- Powder Magazine reader Poll, best male skier, 4th Place 2008
- Powder magazine reader poll, best Male skier, 5th place, 2007
- 2011 movie segments:
- One for the Road, by Teton Gravity Research
2010 movie segments: * Light the wick by Teton gravity research
2009 movie segment:
- Resssion, by Teton Gravity Research
- Generations, by Teton Gravity Research
2008 Movie Segments:
- Under the Influence, by Teton Gravity Research
- making of UTI, By Teton Gravity Research, 100K dvd’s free in outside magazine
2007 movie segments:
- Lost and Found, by Teton Gravity Research
- Playground, by Warren Miller
2006 movie segments:
- Anomaly by Teton Gravity Research
- Re-evolution, television show Showtime network
- Untracked, television show, Fuel TV
2005 movie segments:
- The Tangerine Dream, by Teton Gravity Research
- Volume video magazine, issues 13 and 14, by Blue Ribbon Productions
- Fuel TV, Untracked episodes
- Teddybear Crisis, Kris Ostness/Henrik Rostrup
2004 movie segments:
- Soul Purpose, by Teton Gravity Research
- Ten, by Poor Boys Productions
- Not Another Ski Movie, by Push Films
- Stimulus, by Rage Films
- Volume video magazine, issue 11, by Blue Ribbon Productions
2003 movie segments:
- High Life, by Teton Gravity Research
- Junkshow Diaries, by Rage Films
- Forward, by Level One Productions
- Volume video magazine, issue 10, by Blue Ribbon Productions
2002 movie segments:
- The Prophecy, by Teton Gravity Research
- Salad Days, by Teton Gravity Research
- Volume video magazine, issue 9, by Blue Ribbon Productions
2001 movie segments:
- Mind the Addiction, by Teton Gravity Research
- Subject to Change, by Teton Gravity Research
- The Flying Circus, by Wind Up Films
- The Bolero Project, by Wind Up Films
- Volume video magazine, issues 4, 6, and 7, by Blue Ribbon Productions