Women's Jackets at The North Face
The North Face has been the go-to for high quality outerwear for years including women's jackets. For the best coats, parkas, and puffers, look no further than our best-selling collections like ThermoBall and Nuptse. Whether you want to stay warm on the way to the office, on the trail, or on the slopes, you'll find everything here from lightweight fall and spring jackets to insulated down coats for the coldest days of winter.
How To Shop For Jackets
When choosing a women's jacket, consider the following:
• Lightweight or Heavy Duty: When do you plan to wear the jacket? If you want to combat snowy days, choose an insulated coat that features 700-fill or higher down. When you need lightweight protection while jogging, hiking, or traveling, check out a windbreaker or a softshell jacket. For the ultimate in value and versatility, nothing beats our triclimate 3-in-1 jackets that feature removable layers to customize the level of warmth depending on the conditions.
• Features: Are you an avid adventurer who enjoys exploring even in inclement weather? A jacket with a water-repellent finish is a must. Our women's FUTURELIGHT collection offers venting and breathability without sacrificing waterproofness. Frequent travelers may prefer a packable jacket like our First Dawn jacket which zips into itself for easy packing into any luggage. For morning or evening runners, look for a jacket with reflective elements to increase visibility in low light.
• Style and Fit: Puffers are big and because of that, so is our Nuptse collection. Fleece is, however, a timeless style that looks great with a casual or après-ski outfit. Fit is also an important consideration. For a slim fit, choose a jacket size about 1" smaller than your chest measurement. For a more relaxed or classic fit, look for a jacket closer to your actual measured chest circumference.
• Length: We offer women's jackets in several lengths including the classic length to just below the waist, parka or trench coat length, and cropped. When looking at jacket length, think about purpose again. Longer raincoats and parkas can keep out the elements better and may keep your upper legs warmer. Cropped styles are particularly stylish at the moment and pair well with high-waisted pants and leggings.
• Color: While neutrals like black, brown, tan, and gray will never go out of style, gone are the days when you have to settle for only those options. We offer most of our women's jackets in a variety of colors like reds, yellows, greens, and blues and even some limited edition prints. Be sure to become an XPLR Pass member to get alerted when limited time collabs become available.
Complementing Your Coat
Staying warm doesn't end with your outerwear. Consider any number of women's winter accessories to complement the warmth from your coat including gloves, scarves, and knit hats. Our eTip gloves are very practical because you don't have to remove them to use your phone. You'll also find a great selection of wool socks and winter boots here at The North Face to keep your feet warm and dry while you're out exploring your local state or national park.
Other Ways To Shop
• Plus Size Coats
• Women's Jackets Under $100
• Pink Jackets
• Snowboard Jackets
• Spring Jackets