Sponsor: The North Face, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC, Denver, CO 80202 USA.
Open only to legal residents of the United States or Canada, 18 years of age (or age of majority in jurisdiction of residence, whichever is higher) or older.Employees, officers and directors of The North Face, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or of any agencies/entities involved in the development, production or administration of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win the prize. Giveaway (or “Sweepstakes”) is offered only in the United States and Canada. Void where prohibited by law.
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on February 12, 2024 on or after 11:00 a.m. ET (depending when the Sweepstakes message has been posted, as discussed below) and ends on February 21, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
HOW TO ENTER: First, log into your public Instagram account and follow the official The North Face Snow Instagram account, www.instagram.com/thenorthface_snow (@thenorthface_snow) [if you do not already]. Next, comment on the Sweepstakes post by indicating your favorite mountain (“comment”), along with the hashtag #thenorthfacesweepstakes and tagging one (1) friend. See Rule 4 below for important restrictions on tagging a friend. You may include additional content in the comment (for example, why the identified mountain is your favorite or why you tagged that particular friend) but the inclusion of additional content is not required and will not increase your chances of winning the prize.
By participating, entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: YOUR COMMENT MUST INCLUDE THE HASHTAG #THENORTHFACESWEEPSTAKES, SO AS TO DENOTE THAT IN POSTING A COMMENT YOU ARE ENTERING A CONSUMER SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION SPONSORED BY THE NORTH FACE TO ADVERTISE ITS OUTDOOR APPAREL AND GEAR. IF HASHTAG IS INCOMPLETE, INCORRECT OR OMITTED, YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED EVEN IF IT IS OTHERWISE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
(b) Comment must appear on The North Face Snow Instagram account page (@thenorthface_snow) in reply to the Sweepstakes message. If posted on one’s own Instagram account (or elsewhere), comment will NOT result in Sweepstakes entry even if it is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules.
(c) Comment must identify only one (1) mountain. If a mountain is omitted from a comment or if a comment includes more than one (1) mountain, such comment will not result in entry.
(d)Limit of ten (10) entries per person, provided that each entry identifies a different mountain and tags a different friend.A violation of this limit may result in disqualification of all entries. (A person may only use one  Instagram account to enter the Sweepstakes.)
(e) In the event of a dispute, the owner of the Instagram account used to submit the entry (i.e., post the comment in response to the Sweepstakes message), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed to be the entrant. (f) For optimal use of the Instagram platform, a compatible mobile device is required so that the Instagram app may be downloaded. Standard message and data rates and/or wireless Internet access charges may apply when participating in the Sweepstakes via the Instagram app or otherwise accessing the Instagram platform via mobile device. You may be charged by your wireless carrier in conjunction with Sweepstakes entry. Be sure to check your wireless carrier's pricing plan before participating in the Sweepstakes via mobile device. Wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS – TAGGING A FRIEND:
(a) The tagged friend must be someone personally known to you and who has consented to being tagged by you prior to entry. (b) To the best of your knowledge and belief, the tagged friend must also be eligible for the Sweepstakes and interested in The North Face outdoor apparel and gear. (c) The tagged friend cannot be the entrant him/her/themselves. An entrant may function as the tagged friend of one (1) or more other entrants. (d) More than one (1) friend may be tagged in a given comment as long as each tagged friend meets the criteria set forth herein. For clarity, regardless of the number of friends tagged in a given comment, such comment will result in receipt of one (1) entry provided that it is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules. If comment does not tag a friend, no entry will be received.
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS-- ADDITIONAL CONTENT OF COMMENT: (a) Posting of comment also will not result in Sweepstakes entry if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that additional content in comment (if applicable):
violates or infringes upon the rights of any party (including copyright, trademark, right of privacy, right of publicity), including the rights of tagged friend;
is inappropriate, obscene, hateful or otherwise unfit for publication;
discloses personal information (i.e., e-mail address, phone number; excluding Instagram handle) of entrant, tagged friend or any other person;
advocates the use of alcohol or drugs, acts of violence or illegal conduct;
contains any untruthful information;
defames or libels tagged friend (or any other person);
disparages or damages the goodwill and/or business reputation of The North Face or its brands.
(b) Grant of Rights in Additional Content. An individual who posts content in addition to identifying a mountain and tagging a friend grants to Sponsor and its designees the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit such additional content in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to such individual; and, to the extent applicable, such individual agrees to use best efforts to assist Sponsor and its designees in securing a similar grant of rights from their tagged friend and any other third party referenced in such additional content upon request and without compensation of any kind. The preceding grant of rights is subject to any rights retained by Meta Platforms, Inc. in its Instagram social media platform. Such individual further (a) waives any “Moral Rights of Authors” or similar natural rights of ownership they may have in the comment; and (b) agrees, upon the request of Sponsor and/or its designees and without compensation of any kind, to execute any additional documents so as to effect, record or perfect the grant of rights contemplated by this paragraph.
(c) Individuals posting content in addition to identifying a mountain and tagging a friend also understand and agree that:
(I) Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) such additional content and that Sponsor shall have no liability to such individual or any other party in conjunction therewith; and
(ii) Sponsor does not have any duty of confidentiality or other fiduciary duty to such individual relative to such additional content.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT IN A COMMENT REPRESENTS SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE NORTH FACE IN ANY MANNER. THE NORTH FACE IS MERELY ENCOURAGING PERSONS TO COMMENT UPON THE SWEEPSTAKES MESSAGE BY IDENTIFYING THEIR FAVORITE MOUNTAIN AND TAGGING ONE (1) FRIEND AND PERHAPS INCLUDING ADDITIONAL CONTENT; THE NORTH FACE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY SUCH ADDITIONAL CONTENT. THE NORTH FACE WILL NOT EDIT OR MODIFY ADDITIONAL CONTENT SUBMITTED AS PART OF A COMMENT FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION: One entrant will be selected as the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about February 26, 2024 at its offices in Denver, Colorado USA. To the extent applicable, any additional content included in an entrant's comment (as well as which mountain is identified as an entrant’s favorite and the friend tagged therein) will not be taken into account in the winner selection procedure, provided that such additional content is in full compliance with these Official Rules including the content requirements in Rule 4 above. Should the selected entrant be a Canadian resident, in order to be deemed the potential prize winner, they must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question within a pre-determined time limit without assistance of any kind.
PRIZE (1) - The North Face Snow Kit comprised of one of each of the following:
The North Face ski jacket
The North Face ski pants or bibs
The North Face base layer top
The North Face base layer bottom
The North Face ski gloves or mittens
The North Face Thermoball booties
The North Face gaiter
Total Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $2,000 (USD).
Items comprising The North Face Snow Kit are subject to availability as to size and color. Where winner has a choice of items and they choose the less expensive option, winner will not receive the difference in value. Prize must be accepted as awarded or not at all; if declined, winner will not receive any compensation or alternate prize of any kind. Prize elements may differ from images in Sweepstakes advertising, including Sweepstakes message posted on @thenorthface_snow; and, Sponsor expressly disclaims any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Prize is not transferable (in whole or in part). For clarity, friend tagged in winner’s entry will not receive any prize. No prize substitution permitted except by Sponsor due to unavailability of prize (or any prize element) for any reason and only then for prize/prize element of equal or greater value. Prize is NOT redeemable or exchangeable by winner for cash. Prize will only be shipped to winner at a street address in the United States or Canada. All taxes on prize (including income tax and, if winner is a resident of Canada, foreign withholding tax) and unspecified expenses related to acceptance/use of prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will report prize award to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as required by applicable law; and, winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor in conjunction with its compliance with such reporting obligation. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The winner will be notified via direct message on or after date of random drawing as per Rule 5 above. Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where legal) within three (3) business days of date indicated thereon. If winner cannot be contacted for any reason (including due to Instagram privacy settings not allowing Sponsor [@thenorthface_snow] to contact them via direct message), is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or fails to timely sign/return Declaration/Release, winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In the event of disqualification and prize forfeiture, an alternate will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining, non-winning eligible entries received.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible/garbled, inaccessible, blocked, corrupted, damaged or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Sponsor is also not responsible for programming, electronic, technological, telephonic, network or other malfunction, error or failure which in any way affects or interferes with the intended operation of the Sweepstakes; or for entries not timely received or that are not received in a usable format due to filtering or other operation of Instagram. By accepting the prize, where legal, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, voice, likeness, Instagram handle and image for advertising/trade/publicity purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice.By participating, entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless The North Face, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of any of the above organizations, as well as Meta Platforms, Inc. from any and all liability arising from the Sweepstakes or the receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of prize (if applicable). If Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g., computer virus, act of fraud, natural disaster), Sponsor may cancel/suspend/modify Sweepstakes and (if feasible) pick the winning entry from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in any manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules; notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on @thenorthface_snow. Tampering with Sweepstakes or violation of Rules will result in disqualification; but, disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor. (By way of example only, tampering includes use of programmed or automated methods of Sweepstakes entry, posting a comment that violates the rights of tagged friend or any other third party or including additional content which is otherwise not in compliance with the content guidelines in Rule 4 above [to the extent applicable], and/or violation of the entry limit). Any dispute regarding the Sweepstakes will be resolved pursuant to the internal, substantive law of U.S. State of Colorado, in the United States federal or state courts situated in Denver, Colorado, USA. By participating, you agree, to the fullest extent of the law, to (a) the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts, waiving any right of forum nonconveniens or change of venue; (b) to bring any claim individually (and not as part of a class); (c) that your recovery shall be limited to your actual costs in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) with all damages (compensatory, incidental or other) or other forms of relief (for example, injunctive relief) being expressly waived. Should there be any inconsistency between the English and French language versions of these Official Rules, the English language version shall prevail, govern and control in all respects. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules is NOT a waiver of such provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be replaced by a substitute provision that most closely approximates the original intent of Sponsor and is valid, legal and enforceable. The invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision shall not affect the remainder of these Official Rules.
7. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9. WINNER’S LIST. For the name of winner, send an e-mail request to TheNorthFaceSocialMedia@vfc.com with @THE NORTH FACE_SNOW GIVEAWAY WINNER in the subject line. Winner’s list will be available after March 18, 2024. Winner’s list requests must be received by March 8, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM.