A sublimely skilful climber with the vision to match, James has gone from climbing near his family home in the Peak District of England to exploring walls and mountains in exotic locations around the globe everywhere from Tazmania to Thailand. His first venture into rock climbing came at the age of 15 and it was soon clear that he was blessed with a naturally elegant climbing style. However, he also had the dedication and commitment to refine and develop that talent and by the age of 19 he was already one of the UK’s brightest climbing stars. James has been scouring the planet for more demanding challenges ever since.
- Power Ranger, 5.14 R (USA), Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Le Voyage, E10 7a (FR), Annot, France.
- The world’s first and only E11 at Dumbarton Rock, Scotland - Rhapsody, E11,7a (UK).
- The first and only person in the world to climb E10 without top-rope practice - Muy Caliente, E10,6c (UK), Pembrokeshire, Wales.
- The first and only flash ascent of an E9 - Something's Burning, E9,7a (UK), Pembrokeshire, Wales.