The $500,000 total grant funding will be divided between the two
categories described in the applications details section. Typical
awards are between $5,000 and $25,000. The Explore Fund is a highly
competitive grant program and a limited number are awarded each year.
Awarded grantees are not guaranteed their full funding request.
Applications should show how funding will be applied to a particular
project or program. Additional budget guidance appears in the application.
WE DO NOT FUND
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status or without a qualified
501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor
- Programs without a significant
outdoor component or activities that are not aligned with the
activities and interests of The North Face
- General outdoor
day camps or summer camps unless outdoor recreation activities or
skill building are core and significant to the overall
- Research, white papers and conferences
- Endowment or capital fund campaigns
- Dancing and art classes
- Advocacy or
- Sustainability, green building
projects, or landscape projects
acquisitions, land trusts or conservation easements
- Film, video, book or movie projects
- Projects outside the U.S.