The Explore Fund will support organizations that encourage youth outdoor participation, focusing primarily on creating more connections of children to nature, increasing access to both front & backcountry recreation, as well as providing education for both personal & environmental health.
- Organizations that have 501(c)(3) status.
- Projects that include community demographics, estimated number of participants, and anticipated outcomes.
- Proposals that encourage community involvement.
- Programs that focus on breaking down barriers to getting youth outdoors.
- The project or program should seek a specific audience and reach out to a specific community or place of interest.
- All funding requests should be quantifiable with specific goals, objectives, and action plans, with a clear measure for evaluating success.
- Your program should have a good chance of significant measureable results & momentum over a fairly short term (one to three years).
- Potential grantees should include a specific communications plan in the application that demonstrates how you plan to disseminate information about your program, as well as maintain visibility of your program & organization on PlanetExplore™.
- Applications that come with matching dollars will be viewed favorably & this will be taken into consideration during the granting process.
Learn more about our 2011 grantees at PlanetExplore.com/explorefund and see the complete list of 2010 grantees at Planetexplore.com/explorefund2010.php