Warm, waterproof and crafted with a unique blend of tactical features, the Ultra Extreme is designed to deliver lightweight performance and protection during fast-moving winter activities. The waterproof Gore-Tex® construction is paired with Duratherm® insulation and a Mylar footbed lining to minimize heat loss underfoot and to deliver all-around winter coverage. Finished with Vibram® Icetrek soles with deep lugs for aggressive traction on icy surfaces and a heel snowshoe clip for versatility in deep snow.
- Ultra Protection Series achieves the balance of performance and protection
- Upper: PU-coated leather and ballistic nylon upper
- Upper: GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane with Duratherm® insulation
- Upper: Heel snowshoe clip
- Upper: Molded-rubber toe cap
- Upper: TPU quarter weld for structure
- Bottom: CRADLE™ GUIDE midsole
- Bottom: Pebax® full-foot plate for lightweight protection and energy return
- Bottom: Northotic™ Pro 2.0 with OrthoLite® dual-density footbed with Mylar reflective lining
- Bottom: Dual-density, compression-molded EVA midsole with CRADLE™ GUIDE
- Bottom: Vibram® Icetrek™ outsole
- Approx Weight:
- 1/2 pair: 14.6 oz (415 g) / pair: 1 lb 13 oz (830 g) *based on Women’s 7
GORE-TEX® delivers the industry’s most innovative and highest performance waterproof, windproof and breathable weather protection.
GORE-TEX® Pro: Provides maximum ruggedness that’s ideal for extreme and extended use, and provides up to 28% increased breathability combined with durability and windproof properties.
GORE-TEX® Active Shell: Provides extreme breathability along with durable waterproof and windproof protection for all-weather, high-aerobic activities. It combines a lighter, thinner GORE-TEX® membrane, with fine denier performance textiles to deliver a streamlined three-layer construction. New for Spring ‘12, this brings a never-before-seen level of comfort performance to waterproof apparel.
GORE-TEX® Paclite®: Combining extreme breathability and durable wind and waterproof protection with minimum weight and pack volume, GORE-TEX® Paclite® shells use a specific membrane with a protective internal layer made of an oil-hating/carbon hybrid – eliminating the need for a separate lining, making this lighter, smaller, and easier to pack away.
GORE-TEX® Performance Shell: Specifically engineered to form an impenetrable barrier against wind and water while maintaining breathability, this waterproof material uses a two-layer construction for a lighter, softer feel – and in a three-layer construction for a more heavy-duty alternative.