Find your piece of bliss enroute to the summit with this lightweight, 800-fill down hooded jacket. Providing superior insulation with reinforced nylon ripstop exterior, this durable alpine jacket is built to withstand extreme conditions without weighting you down or impacting mobility. Alpine fit and bound cuffs hug the body to eliminate excess fabric.
- 800 fill Eastern European goose down, provides reliable warmth and loft
- Articulated scuba-style hood is close fitting and provides an unobstructed view
- Sleek, lightweight pre-cinched cuffs provide a simple, warm seal against the cold
- Zippered hand warmer and chest pocket
- Interior utility pockets sized for water bottles
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that incorporate microporous particles to improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ fabrics feature a microporous particle additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry.
- Most effective moisture management.
- FlashDry is permanently embedded in the yarn and won’t wash out.
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.