Updated for 2013, this warm vest is insulated with water-resistant 800-fill ProDown for warmth without weight when battling cold and wet conditions on the mountain. Knit underarm panels feature FlashDry™ fibers to wick and spread moisture for dramatically improved drying time and breathability. Slim baffle construction aids with capturing and retaining more heat for a warmer core.
- Backcountry skiing and alpine climbing
- 800-fill goose down offers superior warmth yet remains extremely compressible
- Water-resistant ProDown keeps moisture at bay and retains its loft
- FlashDry™ panels under arms enhances comfort
- Slimmer down chambers capture and maintain more warmth
- Zip handwarmer pockets are generous an easy to access
- Stuffs into its own hand pocket
- Fabric :
- Body: 20D 35 g/m2 (1.02 oz/yd) Pertex® Quantum®-100% nylon micro-ripstop
- Fabric :
- Underarms: 225 g/m2 (6.64 oz/yd2) 85% polyester, 15% elastane double knit with FlashDry™
- Fabric :
- Insulation: 800-fill goose down
- Guarantee :
- Lifetime Warranty
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that incorporate microporous particles to improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ fabrics feature a microporous particle additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry.
- Most effective moisture management.
- FlashDry is permanently embedded in the yarn and won’t wash out.
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.