Shielding exceptionally warm 850-fill goose down with an abrasion-resistant Pertex® 10 denier nylon ripstop exterior, this tech-laden Summit Series® alpine climbing jacket is finished with a sleek exterior that's resilient against rocks. Extremely lightweight goose down packs a thermal punch without the weight or bulk of traditional down coats to deliver best-in-class thermal performance in the mountains.
- Lightweight, down-insulated jacket provides incredible warmth and compressibility for summit-day layering
- 850 fill goose down insulation combined with Pertex® Quantum® GL 10 denier nylon ripstop fabric and baffles
- DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Stows in hand pocket
- Two zippered hand pockets
- Internal zippered chest pocket
- Elastic-bound cuffs
- Hem cinch-cord
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- Designed for mountaineering and alpine climbing
- body: 10D 25 g/m² Pertex® Quantum® GL—100% nylon micro-ripstop / insulation: 850 fill goose down
- Avg Weight:
- 360 g (13 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.