Updated for 2012, this redesigned 800-fill down vest provides warmth without the weight, and now aids with wicking to keep you even more comfortable on the mountain. New FlashDry™ technology embedded into the fiber of this vest dramatically improves dry time and breathability in a revolutionary way. Slim baffle construction aids with capturing and retaining more heat for a warmer core.
- 800 fill Eastern European down offers superior warmth yet remains extremely compressible
- FlashDry™ panels under arms enhance comfort
- Slimmer down chambers with deep baffles capture and maintain more warmth
- Zip hand pockets are generous and easy to access
- Stuffs into its own handwarmer pocket
- 20D 100% nylon ripstop with FlashDry™ fiber 35 g/m² (1.02 oz/yd²)
- Avg Weight:
- 9 oz (255 g)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry.
- Most effective moisture management.
- FlashDry will never wash out - or wear out.
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.