Fend off wet and windy winter conditions with a versatile three-in-one jacket that offers high-performance protection in changing conditions. Wear the seam-sealed, HyVent® hard shell jacket over the zip-in windproof fleece jacket for waterproof protection that remains breathable. A Velcro® stormflap covers the zippered front of the exterior jacket to keep chilly air from reaching your midlayers. A removable hood and pit-zip vents allow you to customize your coverage on the trail. Wear the warm WindWall® fleece as a separate, standalone jacket when you need lightweight, windproof protection during aerobic activities.
- Internal media pocket
- Standard fit
- Waterproof, breathable, seam sealed
- Fully adjustable removable hood
- Brushed chin guard lining
- Center front stormflap with zip and Velcro® closure
- Two hand pockets
- Chest pocket
- Pit-zip vents
- Internal chest pocket
- Molded self fabric adjustable cuff tabs
- Hem cinch-cord
- [Triclimate®] WindWall® fabric wind permeability rated at 14 CFM (0 CFM is 100% windproof)
- body: 75D 300 g/m² WR—100% polyester / Triclimate® insulation: WindWall® fleece
- Avg Weight:
- 1300 g (44.0 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.
Exclusive to The North Face®, WindWall® is a fleece fabric that retains the comfort, flexibility and breathability of traditional fleece while eliminating wind chill. Traditional fleece tests at 200 CFM, a relatively porous rating compared to WindWall®, which rates between 10 and 40 CFM. WindWall® utilizes a unique fabric-bonding process that cuts 80 to 95 percent of wind, keeping the outdoor athlete warm while allowing enough airflow to ensure a dry and comfortable fit. WindWall® has proven a trusted year-round technology, as it shines as either a layering fabric or as a standalone outerwear in milder conditions.
WindWall® 1 fabric features a mesh liner and utilizes a unique fabric-bonding process that allows a limited degree of external air permeability.
- Wind-resistant fleece with mesh liner
- Drastically reduces effects of windchill
- Enhances warmth and comfort
- Ideal for climbing, backpacking, and hiking
WindWall® 2 features a gridded fleece liner for even greater insulation and utilizes a unique fabric-bonding process that allows a limited degree of external air permeability.
- Great insulation
- Drastically reducing effects of windchill
- Enhances warmth and comfort
- Ideal for climbing, backpacking and hiking during cold, windy excursions