Fast and light hikes call for a breathable baselayer that’s constructed with superior moisture-management technology. Geometric FlashDry™ mesh is strategically placed to wick moisture and speed evaporative drying across the back and the underarms, areas where men sweat the most. These extra-breathable zones prevent you from heating up during periods of intense aerobic activity and getting the chills when you slow your pace on the trail. Constructed with seam-free raglan shoulders, underarm and side gussets, and hip panels to increase your range of motion while wearing a pack. UPF 30 protects your skin from the sun when hiking on warm spring days.
- Lightweight and packable next-to-skin layer of a modular layering system, with geometric FlashDry™ mesh across back and underarms
- Seam-free shoulders and hip panels for backpack compatibility
- Full underarm and side gussets
- Flat-locked seams
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 30
- body: 30D 105 g/m² (3.7 oz/yd²) 100% polyester double knit
- panels: 75D 105 g/m² (3.7 oz/yd²) 93% polyester, 7% elastane jacquard with FlashDry™
- Avg Weight:
- 130 g (5 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry.
- Most effective moisture management.
- FlashDry will never wash out - or wear out.
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
The sun-protection properties of a woven or knit fabric are dependent upon the transmission, absorption and reflection of UV radiation. The fiber type, dye, construction and finishes determine these characteristics. Our UPF-rated garments offer very good UV protection from prolonged exposure to the sun.