The Free Thinker Pant is the preeminent ski or snowboard pant for extreme riders. Engineered with the burliest material available, Gore-Tex® Pro Shell 3L, this waterproof, breathable, windproof fabric allows hardcore athletes to enjoy longer exposure to harsh conditions without losing a degree of body heat. Our most innovative alpine pant, this bomber, lightweight pant is equipped with technical features that are a leg up on the rest.
- Premier waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex® Performance Shell pant built to withstand the roughest mountain days
- Recco® avalanche rescue reflector
- Infused polymer construction with polyurethane (PU) zip technology
- Detachable high-back and suspenders
- Adjustable waist tabs
- Hand and thigh zip pockets
- Ankle wax and tool pocket
- SuperVent drop seat
- Gaiter tension strap and boot hook
- StretchVent™ gaiter with gripper elastic
- Chimney Venting™ system
- Reinforced edge guards
- Pant-a-lock compatible
- Summit Series® is harness and pack-compatible
- shell: 3L GORE-TEX® Performance Shell Enduro nylon, abrasion: 3L GORE-TEX® Performance Shell nylon plain weave, guards: Kevlar® cut-resistant edge guards
GORE-TEX® Active Shell: Provides extreme breathability along with durable waterproof and windproof protection for all-weather, high-aerobic activities. It combines a lighter, thinner GORE-TEX® membrane, with fine denier performance textiles to deliver a streamlined three-layer construction. New for Spring ‘12, this brings a never-before-seen level of comfort performance to waterproof apparel.
GORE-TEX® Paclite®: Combining extreme breathability and durable wind and waterproof protection with minimum weight and pack volume, GORE-TEX® Paclite® shells use a specific membrane with a protective internal layer made of an oil-hating/carbon hybrid – eliminating the need for a separate lining, making this lighter, smaller, and easier to pack away.
GORE-TEX® Performance Shell: Specifically engineered to form an impenetrable barrier against wind and water while maintaining breathability, this waterproof material uses a two-layer construction for a lighter, softer feel – and in a three-layer construction for a more heavy-duty alternative.
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.