Whether you're in the Alps or the Himalayas, battling frigid temperatures during stop-and-go activity can be as challenging as the terrain. This lightweight midlayer is constructed of Polartec® Thermal Pro® High Loft fleece developed exclusively for The North Face® to provide efficient thermal insulation in the coldest conditions. An innovative open-stitch mesh construction between the 1.5" fleece baffles effectively traps body heat and improves the overall warmth-to-weight ratio. Smooth, four-way stretch fleece panels are placed down the sides to maximize mobility on the mountain.
- Active fit
- Mountaineering, backcountry skiing and alpine climbing
- Highest warmth-to-weight ratio of any The North Face® high loft fleece
- Exclusive Polartec® low-density knit fabric minimizes weight and maximizes compressibility
- High loft fibers trap air, retaining body heat
- Harness- and pack-friendly handwarmer pockets
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- bluesign® approved fabric
- body: 220 g/m² (6.49 oz/yd²) Polartec® Thermal Pro®—96% polyester, 4% elastane 1.5” baffle high loft
- stretch side panels: 241 g/m² (7.11 oz/yd²) Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro—53% polyester, 38% nylon, 9% elastane smooth-face jersey fleece
- Avg Weight:
- 439 g (15.5 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
The primary insulation layer among experienced outdoor enthusiasts for nearly two decades, Polartec® fabrics are available in a variety of unique textures and weights designed specifically to enhance performance in a variety of environs.
Available in a lightweight, midweight and heavyweight fleece, each Polartec® Classic series fabric provides warmth, comfort and breathability.