The classic, mountain-ready Nuptse jacket gets a subtle design update for 2013 that’s in step with exploring the downtown or Brooklyn scene, without sacrificing cold-weather protection. A durable water-resistant exterior protects the quick-drying water-resistant 700-fill goose down that provides exceptional thermal insulation, even when exposed to moisture. Nylon canvas shoulder overlay, a snap-down storm flap, and patches sewn on the upper left arm give this warm jacket a casual look. Expedition and logo patches are sewn on the upper left arm.
- Center front zip closure with snap placket
- Expedition and logo patches at bicep
- Internal media pocket with cord guide
- Welt zip hand pockets
- Elastic cuffs with adjustable Velcro® closure
- Adjustable drawcord system at hem
- Embroidered logo at left chest and back right shoulder
- body TNF Black: 70D 153 g/m² 52% cotton, 48% nylon taffeta with WR
- body Graphite Grey: 90D 88 g/m² 78% nylon, 22% polyester mélange plain weave with WR
- body TNF Red: 66 g/m² 100% nylon ripstop with WR
- yoke and collar: 400D x 250D 243 g/m² 100% nylon canvas with WR
- lining: 50D 76 g/m² 100% recycled polyester taffeta with WR / insulation: 700 fill water-resistant down
- Avg Weight:
- 748 g (26.4 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.