The daily commute during the transition into winter can be a mixed bag, but this versatile soft-shell jacket will warm your core with 550-fill goose down insulation and prepare you for exposure to light wind and snow. The durable, yet lightweight, taffeta body is finished with a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment to shed light snowfall and rain, and protect the high-loft down insulation. For reduced bulk and improved breathability, the sleeves are constructed of durable bonded polyester twill with a comfortable fleece backing. Large zippered alpine pockets and snap-closure front pockets add utility, making it easier to access small personal items, like your smart phone and Metro card, without fumbling in the cold.
- Adjustable fixed hood
- Exposed center front zip closure
- Welted zip alpine pockets
- Internal media pocket with cord guide
- Metro pass pocket
- Dual-entry compartment hand pockets with zip and snap closure
- Embroidered logo at left chest and back right shoulder
- body: 50D 76 g/m² 100% recycled polyester taffeta with DWR / sleeves: 70D 275 g/m² 100% polyester bonded twill face with fleece backer
- lining: 50D 76 g/m² 100% recycled polyester taffeta with WR / insulation: 550 fill down
- Avg Weight:
- 816 g (28.8 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.