"The North Face really got the fit and features well appointed on this one. If you are in an environment that demands the most to keep you dry, the Kichatna Bib is an excellent choice." TNF™ athlete Pete Athans, 7x Everest Summiter, Mt. Rainier Guide. Whether you ascend on crampons, skin your way to the top, our rugged Gore-Tex® Pro Shell pants protect your lower half from the elements with a tough 40D construction that's waterproof and windproof. Adjustable low-profile suspenders, rugged 80D fabric reinforcing high-abrasion areas and a wicking FlashDry™ knit bib dial in the fit and performance. Zippered elastic gaiter fits you’re your mountaineering boots or ski boots to seal out snow and keep your lower legs dry.
- Active fit
- Ski mountaineering and backcountry skiing
- FlashDry™ knit adds weather protection and comfort
- Two-way, full-length polyurethane (PU) side zips
- Low-profile, adjustable suspenders
- Two PU hand pockets
- Zippered elastic gaiter and kickpatch
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- body: 40D 105 g/m² (3.10 oz/yd²) GORE-TEX® Pro Shell—100% nylon ripstop with a micro-grid ripstop woven backer
- knee/seat: 80D 150 g/m² (4.42 oz/yd²) GORE-TEX® Pro Shell—100% nylon plain weave with a micro-grid ripstop woven backer
- bib: 225 g/m² (6.64 oz/yd²) 85% polyester, 15% elastane double knit with FlashDry™
- bib abrasion: 190 g/m² (5.6 oz/yd²) 72% nylon, 28% Kevlar® schoeller®-keprotec®
- Avg Weight:
- 640 g (22.57 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ fabrics feature a microporous additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry.
- Most effective moisture management.
- FlashDry is permanently embedded in the yarn and won’t wash out.
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
GORE-TEX® delivers the industry’s most innovative and highest performance waterproof, windproof and breathable weather protection.
GORE-TEX® Pro: Provides maximum ruggedness that’s ideal for extreme and extended use, and provides up to 28% increased breathability combined with durability and windproof properties.
GORE-TEX® Active Shell: Provides extreme breathability along with durable waterproof and windproof protection for all-weather, high-aerobic activities. It combines a lighter, thinner GORE-TEX® membrane, with fine denier performance textiles to deliver a streamlined three-layer construction. New for Spring ‘12, this brings a never-before-seen level of comfort performance to waterproof apparel.
GORE-TEX® Paclite®: Combining extreme breathability and durable wind and waterproof protection with minimum weight and pack volume, GORE-TEX® Paclite® shells use a specific membrane with a protective internal layer made of an oil-hating/carbon hybrid – eliminating the need for a separate lining, making this lighter, smaller, and easier to pack away.
GORE-TEX® Performance Shell: Specifically engineered to form an impenetrable barrier against wind and water while maintaining breathability, this waterproof material uses a two-layer construction for a lighter, softer feel – and in a three-layer construction for a more heavy-duty alternative.