Suited for use at the edge of human tolerance (-40°F), this thermal expedition bag is amply filled with 850 fill goose down, making it the warmest down bag available from The North Face®. Because being wet in extreme conditions can be life-threatening, we've constructed this bomber bag with the highest level of protection available –20 denier Pertex® Endurance™ shell for waterproof, durable protection required for the world's most extreme conditions. Compression stuffsack doubles as a lightweight out-and-back summit pack.
- 20D Pertex® Endurance™ shell
- Side-block chevron baffles
- Vaulted footbox
- Winter heat trap with center draw
- Expedition fit
- Compression stuffsack doubles as a summit pack
- Tip: Get a bag 15-20 degrees cooler than what you are using it for if you are a cold sleeper
- *Gift box not available for this item
- reg: 3 lbs 16 oz (1814 g) / long: 4 lbs 5 oz (1956 g)
- Temperature Rating:
- Stuffsack Size:
- 22" x 12" (56 cm x 30 cm)
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.