The premier full-body suit for climbing 8,000-meter peaks, the insulated Himalayan Suit is a necessity for athletes aiming to reach the top of the world. Dialed for 2013 with critical features based on Conrad Anker's feedback and proven on Mount Everest where the athlete team successfully reached summit. Now warmer, lighter and even more durable with Pertex® Endurance and mapped with HyVent Alpha 2L in high-abrasion areas.
- Insulated suit is now warmer and lighter and dialed with critical, expedition-ready features
- Expedition fit
- Designed for pinnacle protection on remote expeditions
- 800 fill goose down offers superior warmth; 700 fill in lower body for compression resistance
- Welded baffle construction eliminates cold spots and weak points that accompany needle holes
- Extra-long, two-way center front double zip with full-length draft tube
- Full-leg zips finish in a horseshoe drop-seat configuration
- Adjustable hood is fully baffled for reliable warmth and zero cold spots
- Intuitive, sleek and secure integral suspender system
- Thick, warm draft yoke around neck and shoulders seals cold out and warmth in
- Two enormous chest drop pockets with external or internal access
- Lower leg is insulated with Climashield® synthetic insulation for warmth when compressed by over-boot gaiter
- Tough grip zones on shoulder and hips keep pack in place
- Abundant reflectivity for safety on alpine starts and in vicious weather
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- body: 30D 56 g/m² (1.65 oz/yd²) Pertex® Endurance—100% nylon ripstop
- abrasion: 40D 100 g/m² (2.95 oz/yd²) HyVent® Alpha 2L— 100% nylon faille weave
- Avg Weight:
- 2140 g (75.48 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.