Bomber 800-fill down insulated jacket packs down to nearly nothing for an easy-grab layer on frigid climbing and mountaineering pursuits. Waterproof, breathable, seam-taped HyVent® Alpha Shell fabric at exterior sheds the rain and snow to keep you dry. Ample 800-fill down insulation provides insulation in a slim silhouette for unrestricted mobility.
- Waterproof, breathable HyVent® Alpha shell is light, stout and dependable
- 800 fill Eastern European down offers superior warmth yet remains extremely compressible
- Thick, warm draft yoke around neck and shoulders seals cold out and warmth in
- Sleek, fixed, fully adjustable helmet-compatible hood swivels with head for a natural, unobstructed view
- Pre-cinched cuffs, hidden hem cinch accessible from handwarmer pockets
- One large interior pocket fits a liter water bottle
- Large zip interior pocket doubles as stuffsack
- 15D 100% nylon 53 g/m² (1.54 oz/yd) HyVent® Alpha shell
- Avg Weight:
- 1 lb 11 oz (775 g)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.