Optimize your weather protection without sacrificing breathability or mobility during rigorous ski excursions with a hybrid hard- and soft-shell jacket. Woman-specific Thermo3D™ body-mapped construction features a wind-resistant TNF™ Apex Universal body and waterproof HyVent™ Alpha at the shoulders and hood to shed heavy snowfall during severe storms. Lightweight, yet rugged, technical panels under the arms manage internal moisture and have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed exterior moisture. This protective shell is specifically designed to be worn over our Alloy merino wool baselayer to create a best-in-class backcountry kit.
- Active fit
- Backcountry skiing
- Waterproof membrane on the hood and shoulders keeps you dry
- Tough grip zones on shoulders keep pack straps in place
- Soft shell fabric in the body allows for ample breathability
- Fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood with hidden cord locks and laminated wire brim
- Harness- and pack-friendly handwarmer pockets
- Hidden hem cinch-cord at center front zip
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- body: 50D 285 g/m² (8.41 oz/yd²) TNF™ Apex Universal soft shell plain/fleece—65% polyester, 31% nylon, 4% elastane
- hood/shoulders: 50D 125 g/m² (3.69 oz/yd²) HyVent® 2L Alpha—88% nylon, 12% elastane plain weave
- underarms: 70D x 40D 225 g/m² (6.64 oz/yd²) Pertex® Equilibrium®—73% nylon, 15% polyester, 12% elastane with DWR double weave
- Avg Weight:
- 700 g (24.69 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.
TNF™ Apex soft shell fabrics are a signature material, researched and developed exclusively by The North Face®. TNF™ Apex offers the dynamic duo of a tightly woven abrasion-phobic face for protection, and a soft-brushed interior for performance and comfort. Built to stretch for comfort and mobility, TNF™ Apex is also treated with our Durable Water Resistant (DWR) finish to achieve the ideal balance between weather resistance and breathability.
TNF™ Apex Aerobic The lightest and most breathable of the TNF™ Apex fabrics, TNF™ Apex Aerobic offers the greatest stretch and mobility, making it ideal for running, cycling and other highly mobile aerobic activities.
TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock The most protective TNF™ Apex fabric, TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock is virtually waterproof and windproof while also maintaining a comfortable level of breathability. The fabric is ideal for trekking, skiing and snowshoeing in challenging, inclement weather conditions.
TNF™ Apex Universal The most versatile of the TNF™ Apex Fabrics, TNF™ Apex Universal is both breathable and water resistant, making it ideal across a wide range of activities and weather conditions.