Stay out longer in harsh winter conditions with this versatile, waterproof backcountry tool that’s redesigned for 2014 and fully insulated with our new ThermoBall™, powered by PrimaLoft™ technology. The round synthetic-fiber clusters trap and retain heat to achieve phenomenal warmth in cold and wet weather while remaining highly compressible. This lightweight, hooded jacket is constructed with a waterproof HyVent® 2L exterior that will remain breathable when layered for thermal insulation during outdoor excursions.
- Insulated with compressible, ultra light ThermoBall synthetic fill and a waterproof exterior
- ThermoBall™ offers the lightweight loft, warmth and compressibility of down with the wet-weather insulating performance of synthetics
- Waterproof, breathable, seam sealed with ThermoBall™ insulation technology; as compressible as down and insulates even when wet
- Fully adjustable, removable hood
- Front stormflap with Velcro® closure
- Water-resistant PU (polyurethane) zip Napoleon chest pocket and two secure hand pockets
- Velcro® adjustable cuff tabs
- Hem cinch-cord
- Media compatible
- shell: 75D 116 g/m² HyVent® 2L—100% mechanical stretch polyester / insulation: PrimaLoft® ThermoBall™
- Avg Weight:
- 820 g (28.92 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Developed in partnership with Primaoft, Inc., ThermoBall is a revolution in insulation technology. Unlike traditional continuous-filament synthetic insulation, the small, round PrimaLoft synthetic-fiber clusters closely mimic down clusters, trapping heat within small air pockets to retain warmth. Independent clo testing by Kansas State University has shown that ThermoBall has warmth equivalent to 600 fill goose down. As a result, ThermoBall can offer the lightweight warmth and compressibility of down with the wet-weather insulating performance of synthetic insulation.