Dial in your winter protection with a three-in-one system that provides customized levels of coverage from prolonged water and wind exposure. The seam-sealed, outer HyVent® hard shell encases the stretch, soft-shell jacket for dependable waterproofing that remains breathable. Designed with a new media pocket for fall 2013 to secure your MP3 player and streamline headphone wires for handsfree listening. Zip out the virtually waterproof and windproof TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock jacket to wear separately on blustery fall days for lightweight weather protection.
- 3-in-1 outdoor jacket pairs a waterproof, stretch shell with a zip out TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock jacket that's virtually waterproof and windproof
- [Outer jacket] Waterproof, breathable, seam sealed
- Zip-in-compatible integration with complementing garments from The North Face®
- Fully adjustable, removable hood
- Pit-zip vents
- Front zip with stormflap and Velcro® closure
- Secure-zip Napoleon chest and hand pockets
- Velcro® adjustable cuff tabs
- Hem cinch-cord
- Media compatible
- [Liner jacket] TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock 100% windproof fabric rated at 0 CFM with nimble side panels
- Two secure-zip hand pockets
- shell: 70D 133 g/m² HyVent®—100% nylon twill weave / liner: 100D 340 g/m² TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock—97% polyester, 3% elastane plain weave fleece
- blocking: 90D x 170D 340 g/m² TNF™ Apex Aerobic—90% polyester, 10% elastane double weave fabric
- Avg Weight:
- 1158 g (40.85 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.
TNF™ Apex soft shell fabrics are a signature material, researched and developed exclusively by The North Face®. TNF™ Apex offers the dynamic duo of a tightly woven abrasion-phobic face for protection, and a soft-brushed interior for performance and comfort. Built to stretch for comfort and mobility, TNF™ Apex is also treated with our Durable Water Resistant (DWR) finish to achieve the ideal balance between weather resistance and breathability.
TNF™ Apex Aerobic The lightest and most breathable of the TNF™ Apex fabrics, TNF™ Apex Aerobic offers the greatest stretch and mobility, making it ideal for running, cycling and other highly mobile aerobic activities.
TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock The most protective TNF™ Apex fabric, TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock is virtually waterproof and windproof while also maintaining a comfortable level of breathability. The fabric is ideal for trekking, skiing and snowshoeing in challenging, inclement weather conditions.
TNF™ Apex Universal The most versatile of the TNF™ Apex Fabrics, TNF™ Apex Universal is both breathable and water resistant, making it ideal across a wide range of activities and weather conditions.