Fast and light hikes call for breathable baselayers constructed with superior moisture-management technology. Geometric FlashDry™ mesh is strategically placed to wick moisture and speed evaporative drying across the back and the underarms, the areas where women sweat the most. These extra-breathable zones prevent you from heating up during periods of intense aerobic activity and getting the chills when you slow your pace on the trail. Constructed with seam-free raglan shoulders and hip panels to reduce chafing potential while wearing your pack for hours. UPF 30 protects your skin from the sun when hiking with little overhead coverage on warm spring days.
- Lightweight and packable first layer of a modular layering system, with geometric FlashDry™ mesh across back and underarms
- Seam-free shoulders and hip panels for backpack compatibility
- Flat-locked seams
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 30
- body: 30D 105 g/m² (3.70 oz/yd²) 67% polyester, 33% T400 polyester double knit with FlashDry™
- panels: 75D 155 g/m² (5.47 oz/yd²) 93% polyester, 7% elastane with FlashDry™
- Avg Weight:
- 120 g (4 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that incorporate microporous particles to improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ fabrics feature a microporous particle additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry
- Most effective moisture management
- FlashDry is permanently embedded in the yarn and won’t wash out
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
The sun-protection properties of a woven or knit fabric are dependent upon the transmission, absorption and reflection of UV radiation. The fiber type, dye, construction and finishes determine these characteristics. Our UPF-rated garments offer very good UV protection from prolonged exposure to the sun.