Strike out on your next ski tour with the reliable weather protection of this Gore-Tex® Pro Shell jacket and increase your total mileage in the backcountry. The tough 40D body is waterproof and windproof with rugged 80D fabric reinforcing the shoulders and underarms for bomber durability. The helmet-compatible hood is fully adjustable for maximum protection that won’t restrict your visibility. Remove the powder skirt midday when the sun has melted away the powder stashes. Grip zones on the jacket’s exterior prevent your pack from shifting as you ascend to the top of the peak and ski down.
- Active fit
- Ski mountaineering and backcountry skiing
- Fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood with hidden cord locks and laminated wire brim
- Harness- and pack-friendly handwarmer pockets
- Polyurethane (PU) pit-zip vents
- Dual PU chest pockets
- Removable powder skirt with gripper elastic
- Hidden hem cinch-cord at center front zip
- Tough grip zones on shoulder and hips keep pack in place
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- body: 40D 105 g/m² (3.10 oz/yd²) GORE-TEX® Pro Shell—100% nylon ripstop with a micro-grid ripstop woven backer
- shoulders/underarms: 80D 150 g/m² (4.42 oz/yd²) GORE-TEX® Pro Shell—100% nylon plain weave with a micro-grid ripstop woven backer
- Avg Weight:
- 500 g (17.63 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
GORE-TEX® Active Shell: Provides extreme breathability along with durable waterproof and windproof protection for all-weather, high-aerobic activities. It combines a lighter, thinner GORE-TEX® membrane, with fine denier performance textiles to deliver a streamlined three-layer construction. New for Spring ‘12, this brings a never-before-seen level of comfort performance to waterproof apparel.
GORE-TEX® Paclite®: Combining extreme breathability and durable wind and waterproof protection with minimum weight and pack volume, GORE-TEX® Paclite® shells use a specific membrane with a protective internal layer made of an oil-hating/carbon hybrid – eliminating the need for a separate lining, making this lighter, smaller, and easier to pack away.
GORE-TEX® Performance Shell: Specifically engineered to form an impenetrable barrier against wind and water while maintaining breathability, this waterproof material uses a two-layer construction for a lighter, softer feel – and in a three-layer construction for a more heavy-duty alternative.