A crucial component in any best-in-class backcountry skiing kit, these fully featured soft- and hard-shell pants dial in your lower half with the optimum blend of protection and temperature regulation. Thermo3D™ body-mapping features wind-resistant TNF™ Apex Universal in the upper and lower legs and waterproof HyVent™ Alpha at the knees and seat for all-mountain versatility. The durable gusset is crafted of technical fabric for improved moisture management and enhanced freedom of movement. A low-profile belted waist and adjustable/removable suspenders allow you to customize the fit of these hybrid pants and keep your focus on the path ahead.
- Active fit
- Backcountry skiing
- Waterproof fabric on the seat and knees keeps you dry
- Soft shell fabric in thigh and lower leg allows for ample breathability
- Removable and adjustable front-attach-only suspender system
- Low-profile waistband construction with removable belt
- Dual zippered hand pockets
- Dual zippered thigh side vents
- Zippered cuff with elastic gaiter and kickpatch
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- body: 285 g/m² (8.41 oz/yd²) TNF™ Apex Universal soft shell plain/fleece—65% polyester, 31% nylon, 4% elastane
- knee: 50D 200 g/m² (5.9 oz/yd²) HyVent® Alpha 3L plain/interlock—56% nylon, 36% polyester, 8% elastane
- gusset: 70D x 40D 225 g/m² (6.64 oz/yd²) Pertex® Equilibrium®—73% nylon, 15% polyester, 12% elastane with DWR double weave
- Avg Weight:
- 750 g (26.45 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.
TNF™ Apex soft shell fabrics are a signature material, researched and developed exclusively by The North Face®. TNF™ Apex offers the dynamic duo of a tightly woven abrasion-phobic face for protection, and a soft-brushed interior for performance and comfort. Built to stretch for comfort and mobility, TNF™ Apex is also treated with our Durable Water Resistant (DWR) finish to achieve the ideal balance between weather resistance and breathability.
TNF™ Apex Aerobic The lightest and most breathable of the TNF™ Apex fabrics, TNF™ Apex Aerobic offers the greatest stretch and mobility, making it ideal for running, cycling and other highly mobile aerobic activities.
TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock The most protective TNF™ Apex fabric, TNF™ Apex ClimateBlock is virtually waterproof and windproof while also maintaining a comfortable level of breathability. The fabric is ideal for trekking, skiing and snowshoeing in challenging, inclement weather conditions.
TNF™ Apex Universal The most versatile of the TNF™ Apex Fabrics, TNF™ Apex Universal is both breathable and water resistant, making it ideal across a wide range of activities and weather conditions.