Temperatures in your neck of the woods may not drop to -67F like they do in Vostok, Russia but this down insulated parka will help you withstand exposure to brutally cold temperatures this winter. New for 2013, expedition and logo patches are sewn to the bicep of this rugged parka. Nylon ripstop exterior protects the ample 700-fill goose down insulation. Alpine pockets add utility to this incredibly warm hooded jacket.
- Removable, adjustable hood with faux-fur trim
- Two alpine pockets
- Two side-entry hand pockets
- Two top-entry hand pockets
- Vent zips at lower back for freedom of movement
- Expedition and logo patches at bicep
- Fully adjustable cuff tabs
- Inner cuffs for warmth
- Hem cinch-cord
- Internal security chest pocket with cord guide
- Contrast embroidery at left chest and back right shoulder
- body: 40D 115 g/m² 100% nylon ripstop / lining: 50D 76 g/m² 100% recycled polyester taffeta with WR / insulation: 700 fill down
- Avg Weight:
- 1670 g (58.9 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.