Performance-driven waterproof rainwear provides lightweight, waterproof protection that remains incredibly breathable during fast-moving adventures on the trail. Durable ripstop HyVent® technology creates a comfortable, dry-touch barrier that allows this hooded soft-shell jacket to be constructed without a liner. Fully seam-sealed construction and a waterproof zipper make this rain jacket watertight. Breathable FlashDry™ laminate works with your body to achieve exceptional moisture management and eliminate clammy sensations typically caused by waterproof layering. Open the pit-zip vents to instantly dump excess heat and cool down during phases of extreme activity. This highly compressible outer layer can be stuffed into its own hand pocket and carried in your pack for easily accessible protection during a downpour.
- Waterproof, extremely breathable aided by FlashDry™ print component, seam sealed
- Attached, adjustable hood
- Polyurethane (PU) center front zip
- Two secure-zip hand pockets
- Stowable in hand pocket
- Bonded cuff tabs
- Hem cinch-cord
- 50D 119 g/m² (4.20 oz/yd²) 100% polyester ripstop HyVent® 2.5L with FlashDry™
- Avg Weight:
- 400 g (14 oz)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that incorporate microporous particles to improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ fabrics feature a microporous particle additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry
- Most effective moisture management
- FlashDry is permanently embedded in the yarn and won’t wash out
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.