Prepare for frigid temperatures at high elevations with an 800-fill goose down insulated jacket that can be worn as a sleek midlayer in the coldest mountain environments, or compressed into its pocket and carried as an emergency layer. The water-resistant down in streamlined chambers offers outstanding warmth, even if you’re exposed to moisture during your assault on the summit. Densely woven Pertex Quantum® exterior is lightweight and breathable, yet durable enough to withstand seasons of wear and tear. FlashDry™ underarm panels maintain mobility while securing skins to the bottoms of your skis or wielding climbing tools.
- Active Fit
- Backcountry skiing and alpine climbing
- Water-resistant down treatment keeps moisture at bay
- FlashDry™ panels on underarms enhance comfort
- Slimmer down chambers capture and maintain more warmth
- Sleek, fixed, fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood swivels with head for a natural, unobstructed view
- Zip handwarmer pockets are generous and easy to access
- Stuffs into its own handwarmer pocket
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- Fabric :
- body: 20D 35 g/m² (1.02 oz/yd²) Pertex® Quantum®—100% nylon ripstop
- Fabric :
- underarms: 225 g/m² (6.64 oz/yd²) 85% polyester, 15% elastane double knit with FlashDry™
- Avg Weight :
- 450 g (15.87 oz)
- Guarantee :
- Lifetime Warranty
As a leader in the outdoor industry, The North Face® has developed innovative, proprietary fabrics that incorporate microporous particles to improve moisture management and temperature regulation during outdoor activity. FlashDry™ fabrics feature a microporous particle additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying. FlashDry™ enables the user to stay drier, more comfortable and out performing longer in a wide range of weather conditions and environments. FlashDry™ doesn’t add weight or bulk and never washes or wears out.
- Accelerates evaporation and keeps you dry
- Most effective moisture management
- FlashDry is permanently embedded in the yarn and won’t wash out
- 100+ different products with FlashDry technology within our running, snowsports, climbing, and hiking apparel, baselayers, and accessories.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.