Whether you're in the Alps or the Himalayas, battling frigid temperatures during stop-and-go activity can be as challenging as the terrain. This lightweight midlayer is constructed of Polartec® Thermal Pro® High Loft fleece developed exclusively for The North Face® to provide efficient thermal insulation in the coldest conditions. An innovative open-stitch mesh construction between the 1.5" fleece baffles effectively traps body heat and improves the overall warmth-to-weight ratio. Smooth, four-way stretch fleece panels are placed down the sides to maximize mobility on the mountain.
- Lightweight Polartec® midlayer with side stretch-fleece panels for warmth without weight
- Active fit
- Highest warmth-to-weight ratio of any The North Face® high loft fleece
- Exclusive Polartec® low-density knit fabric minimizes weight and maximizes compressibility
- High loft fibers trap air, retaining body heat
- Harness- and pack-friendly handwarmer pockets
- Summit Series® collection is harness and pack-compatible
- bluesign® approved fabric
- Designed for mountaineering, backcountry skiing and alpine climbing
- body: 220 g/m² (6.49 oz/yd²) Polartec® Thermal Pro®—96% polyester, 4% elastane 1.5” baffle high loft
- stretch side panels: 241 g/m² (7.11 oz/yd²) Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro—53% polyester, 38% nylon, 9% elastane smooth-face jersey fleece
- Avg Weight:
- 439 g (15.5 oz)
- Lifetime Warranty
The primary insulation layer among experienced outdoor enthusiasts for nearly two decades, Polartec® fabrics are available in a variety of unique textures and weights designed specifically to enhance performance in a variety of environs.
Available in a lightweight, midweight and heavyweight fleece, each Polartec® Classic series fabric provides warmth, comfort and breathability. Polartec® 100 weight fabrics are the lightest fleece in the series, and are an excellent choice for a warm first layer. Polartec® 200 provides optimal warmth and versatility in a midweight soft fleece. Polartec® 300 fabrics are the heaviest option, providing a thermal layer to wear on very cold excursions.
Polartec® Thermal Pro Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabrics are the most visually dynamic and technically advanced of the Polartec® insulation fabrics. Available in a variety of unique surface textures and patterns ‚Äì many of which are designed to enhance performance — Polartec® Thermal Pro® materials are great styling options for virtually every end use. New high-loft versions have achieved the highest warmth-to-weight ratios ever offered by a Polartec® fabric. Other versions have the look of traditional wool with all the performance benefits of fleece.
Polartec® Eco Polartec® Eco fabrics provide all the warmth, comfort and breathability of traditional Polartec® fabrics in an environmentally conscious package. Solid colorways of the fabric are derived from 87 percent recycled content; while heather colorways are derived from 65 percent recycled content. This recycled material is made from 90 percent postindustrial waste and 10 percent post consumer waste, interrupting the flow of materials to our landfills and creating valuable materials from waste