Ready for use at base camp and above, this 800-fill down alpine jacket offers superior warmth without the bulk of traditional mountaineering jackets. Leveraging its compressibility and compatibility, this durable hooded jacket packs small to be carried for emergency use when the storms rolls through. Welded baffles keep down shifting, eliminating cold spots.
- 800 fill power Eastern European goose down offers superior warmth while remaining extremely durable and compressible
- Welded baffle constriction eliminates cold spots
- Reinforced shoulders and bottom rear hem for increased durability during rugged belays
- Pre-cinched cuff with cuff tab for bomber weather protection
- Contoured pit-zips are easy to use and extend comfort range dramatically
- Two deep, zippered chest pockets and two zippered handwarmer pockets
- body: 30D 100% nylon 56 g/m² (1.62 oz/yd²) / insulation: 800 fill Eastern European goose down
- Avg Weight:
- 1 lb 14 oz (850 g)
- Length from Center Back:
- Lifetime Warranty
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.