For expeditions where the choice of gear may be the difference between summit success or air lift rescue, this premier subzero bag is go-to. Thermal down sleeping bag is constructed with 850 fill goose down, and designed for suitable use in temperatures down to -20«F. When conditions are as extreme as 20 below, your bag can not get wet. Waterproof Pertex® Endurance™ shell provides essential protection for critical conditions to keep you dry in cold, wet conditions.
- 20D Pertex® Endurance™ shell
- Side-block chevron baffles
- Vaulted footbox
- Winter heat trap with center draw
- Expedition fit
- Compression stuffsack doubles as a summit pack
- Tip: Get a bag 15-20 degrees cooler than what you are using it for if you are a cold sleeper
- *Gift box not available for this item
- reg: 3 lbs 6 oz (1531 g) / long: 3 lbs 10 oz (1644 g)
- Temperature Rating:
- Stuffsack Size:
- 21" x 11" (53 cm x 28 cm)
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.